Recommended Core Plugins
- Jetpack by WordPress.com (e.g. forms, videos, enhanced gallery)
- All in One SEO Pack (handles Sitemap & Google Analytics)
- TinyMCE Advanced
WordPress.org for documentation and other resources.
Before you need a plugin, you need a creative thought, something that you want to do creatively on your website that isn’t built into the basic functionality of WordPress. You want your site to be unique. To create a unique website think about it on the right side of your brain. Or in other words, think creatively.
- Suzi Blu – Art Journal Playshops
Adding features without plugins
Embed code using copy & paste into Page/Post editor in Text mode.
How to add a Google Map to your website
- Ensure that the map or Street View image you’d like to embed appears in the current map display.
- Click the settings gear icon in the bottom right.
- Click Share and embed map.
- In the box that appears, make sure the Embed map tab is selected.
- Choose the embed size you want, then copy the HTML and paste the code into the page/post editor in Text Mode.
- Activate JetPack in your phylliserck.net hosted sites
Modify Contact form
Add Sharing buttons
Add mailing list subscription
Embed a Youtube video in your site
- Activate Fourteen Colors plugin
- Activate Styles: TwentyFourteen
change font size
If you’ve purchased a domain or hosting, post a comment here with your hosting provider and domain name.