Getting your site ready to “go live”. Customizations, plugins, updates and backups.
Share your site with classmates by posting it in a comment to this page.
Customizing your Themes/Plugins
Use the editor within the dashboard or ftp (file transfer protocol) or hire a programmer or graphic designer. There is a lot of expertise available at a reasonable price. With your knowledge of WordPress you will be able to communicate your needs to your contractor.
More Useful Plugins
All-in-one SEO (Google Analytics)
- Enhanced Distribution (SEO)
- Single Signon
- Like, Jetpack comments (social)
- Extra Sidebar Widgets (twiter, fb like box, image, gravatar, gallery, WP Post, social media icons)
- gravatar hovercards
- monitor (downtime)
- Publicize (social)
- Site Verification (Press This)
- Tiled Galleries
- Widget Visability
- Vault Press (Backup $5/mth)
Turning on Search Engine access
Settings -> Reading -> Search Engine Visibility (uncheck the box)
SEO Pack configuration
Get your html code here.
Other useful web design tools
- Windows snipping tool
- Browser Add-ons (measure it, color picker)
Montana WordPress meetup
A networking community of WordPress developers in Montana that meets monthly, 1st Wednesday’s at Ruby’s Inn.
Join to receive meeting announcements.www.meetup.com/MontanaWordpress